Rīgas Radiorūpnīca laikmeta griežos
|Price in bookstore||28.99 €|
“Riga radio factory in turning time” is the fourth book, created by summarizing and
complementing information covered in three previous editions entitled “Rising and Growth
of Riga Radio Factory”. It's a broader story about former radio-factory employees, about
their self-devoted work. The book provides comprehensive information about the design
office Orbīta, the Riga electromechanical plant and the Radio Node Shop branch of the
Riga radio plant, the Kandava radio plant. The work is devoted to the 100-th anniversary
of Latvia, 90-th anniversary of the establishment of Riga Radio Factory and to the 55-th
anniversary of the establishment of Kandava Radio Factory.
Riga Radio Factory (RRR) was established on the basis of two private companies founded
after World War 1: Foto-radio centrāle A. Leibovic (A. Leibovic’s Photo-Radio Centre of
Operations) established on 28 December 1927 and the radio production firm A. Apsītis un
F. Žukovskis established on 3 March 1934. Between 1927 and 1940, JSC Foto-radio centrāle
A. Leibovic produced thirty-two different radio receiver models in a larger series, and the firm
Atklātā Sabiedrība A. Apsītis un F. Žukovskis (Open Corporation of A. Apsītis and F. Žukovskis)
sixteen models. The receivers were with good design, quality and demand in trade.
After the occupation of the Latvia in the 1940 and incorporation into the Soviet Union,
the two companies were nationalized: the joint stock company Fot-radio centrāle A. Leibovic
was renamed Radiopionieris and the firm Atklātā Sabiedrība A. Apsītis un F. Žukovskis was
renamed Radiotehnika. Nazi German occupation power merged both companies
the German group's Telefunken affiliate Gerätewerke Riga. It produced various radio electronics
products for the needs of the German armed forces.
In 1945, after Germany's capitulation, the factory quickly resumed the design and production
of radio receivers. Factory engineers developed original and competitive radioelectronics
hardware and often with many technical solutions were the first in the Soviet
Union. This covered the development and application of printed circuits in radio receiver
structures, the first generation of stereophonic radio gramophones and the development of
a line of acoustic systems, the production of the first portable transistor radio receivers, the
development of complex mechanized production flow-lines and many of the principles of
new technologies that had no precedent in the Soviet state.
During the postwar, production of radio receivers and radio gramophones increased from
51 thousand in 1951 to more than 200 thousand units in 1962. Annual production growth
was estimated at around 10 percent.
In December 1970, the Riga Manufacturing Technical Association Radiotehnika, which
comprised the Riga Radio Factory named after A. Popov as the leading enterprise, design
office Orbīta Riga electromechanical factory and Kandava radio factory, was established.
Riga Radio Factory produced 41,3 million radio devices and acoustic systems from 1945
to 1990, including 4,5 million exported. The main outlets were the Soviet Union and the
Warsaw Pact countries, but the production was also exported to Germany, the UK, France,
Finland, Mongolia, Vietnam, Cuba, etc. Many specialists of the factory were awarded with
the State Prizes in science and production for their contribution.
In 1998, RRR was privatized and a private Joint Stock Company Radiotehnika was estab
lished. It was subsequently renamed VEF Radiotehnika RRR and it was one of the leading
producers of household and professional Hi-Fi acoustic systems in the Baltic and Eastern
Europe until 2008.
The book also gives the reader an insight into the contribution of graduates of Department
of Weak Currents of Faculty for Mechanics of University of Latvia in the thirtieth years
of the twentieth century in industrialization of Latvia and into the acquisition of higher
education in radio engineering and communications specialties in Latvia following
World War II.
The twelfth chapter on Riga’s electromechanical plant tells of a countrywide wired radio
system network initially created in Latvia, later used as a prototype for such network in
Soviet Union (1950–1960) and a short review of Latvian Radio History
Senā Burtnieka noslēpumi
15. maija Latvija
Līvāni toreiz un tagad